Summer is in full swing and we’re loving it! With all the fun you have during summer it’s easy to sometime forget to stay on top of your oral health. Here are some tips to keep your dental health in great condition during your summer adventures.
- Keep mouthwash in your car. If you’re traveling a lot or going off to camp you’ll sometimes be driving long hours and snacking a lot. Keep some mouthwash in your vehicle and swish it around to get that bacteria out of your mouth.
- Drink lots of water. Drinking water will help with keeping your mouth moist and can fight off plaque causing bacteria.
- Sparkling waters such as La Croix and hard seltzers such as White Claws are consumed a lot during the hot summer months. But did you know that carbonated drinks can wear down your enamel? Make sure to not over-consume and switch to drinking regular water.
- Wear your mouth guards when participating in extreme summer sports. We live in an area with amazing opportunities for extreme outdoor sports such as mountain biking, rock climbing and so much more. Falling and getting hurt is never fun, especially when you have a tooth injury. Make sure you’re wearing your protective gear!
- Choose healthy snacks. We know its hard when you’re on a road trip and you’re trying to keep the kids happy, but do your best to pack snacks without a lot of sugar. Not only will this help with your children’s dental health, but they also won’t be bouncing of the walls inside your vehicle!
- Take advantage of the free time and get your family’s dental check-ups scheduled. The kids aren’t in school so make sure to get them in now for their bi-annual dental cleaning so you don’t have to pull them out of school when it starts back up again!
We hope these summer dental tips help you this summer and keep you and your family healthy and safe. Make sure to schedule an appointment with us today to get your next check-up and cleaning on the books!