This truly has been a rough year for all of us. We are constantly seeing things on social media saying, “2020 is the worst,” or “2021 couldn’t be here soon enough.” Trust us, we’ve had our moments where this was our mindset. But here at your Reno Family Dentist we want to practice gratitude for this year!
We don’t want to discredit all those who have dealt with or are currently dealing with health issues, losing loved ones, financial stressors, school challenges, being lonely, and so many other effects from the world we’re living in.
Even though it’s been a hard year, there is still so much to be thankful for. Here are some of the things we are thankful for because of this year.
- Extra time with family
- Slowing down
- Reevaluating goals
- More time in the outdoors
- The joy we feel when finally getting to hug our loved ones
- Living in the beautiful Reno/Tahoe region
- All the amazing Netflix shows we got to binge on this year!
- Trying new recipes
- Our wonderful co-workers
- Even better, our wonderful patients!
- Those extra days we got to sleep in
- Our pets that helped us keep our sanity during quarantine
- Our dogs that forced us to take more walks outside
- Education on the racial issues in our country
- Starting new hobbies
- Home workouts
- Being considered an essential business (oral health is essential!)
- Technology that allowed us to stay connected to our loved ones during quarantine
- Waking up this morning
There is so much more to be thankful for, these are just a few. Some of these things may not have been as important to us if it weren’t for this year. Luckily this year taught us to be thankful for the little things. We’re thankful for these realizations so we can take them forward into 2021 and beyond.
Stay positive and safe during this holiday season. Thank you to all our amazing patients for their patience during these trying times.